WEST JEFFERSON HIGH SCHOOL
Library Mission Statement
The school library media center’s vision is that all students and staff experience the power and variety of collective resources to become critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, and ethical users and creators of ideas and information in their global learning community.
Your School Library is Your First Stop for Research And Leisure Reading
WJHS Library Facts
- 16,000 + books in collection with new books added monthly
- Internet with free access to online databases and other online reference and research resources.
- Scanning equipment
- Destiny Online catalog making access from off campus possible
- 2,500 E-books available
- Literacy skills lessons
- Color printer available at 50¢ per page
- Black and White printer available at 10¢ per page.
Library Visit Procedure
- For all student visits you must have your ID on and visible when you enter the library.
- You are required to sign-in at the circulation desk upon arrival.
- Food and drink must be consumed before entering the library.
- Books are checked-out for 2 weeks at a time.
- Late books are charged 5¢ per day.
West Jeff Library Brochure
Students: To obtain a list of the textbooks checked out to you, simply come to the library and ask Ms. George or Mr. Young for your textbook list printout - no charge!
** "If a student loses or damages a textbook or library book during the school year, he/she will not be issued another textbook or library book until parents have made arrangements for payment. Should the student transfer to another Jefferson Parish school during the school year, his/her records shall be forwarded to the receiving school. The receiving school shall be notified that the student owes for a textbook or library book and replacement books shall not be issued until payment is made" - 2012-2013 Procedures and Policies for Parents and Students - Jefferson Parish Public School System